AgCountry Farm Credit Services
Effective Date: December 17, 2019
AgCountry Farm Credit Services believes we are responsible to each other and for our cooperative. A part of this responsibility is ensuring you that AgCountry Farm Credit Services is committed to protecting your privacy and confidentiality. This statement describes AgCountry’ Farm Credit Services, ACA’s and its subsidiaries, AgCountry Farm Credit Services , FLCA and AgCountry Farm Credit Services, PCA (together “AgCountry” “we” or “our”) collection, processing, transfer and storage of data. It applies solely to all visitors, users, and others visiting AgCountry websites or using AgCountry’s goods and services (“you”).
Our employees are informed of their responsibility to protect your personal information and are governed by standards of conduct and confidentiality requirements, which prohibit unauthorized use or disclosure of your information. Security procedures and internal controls are in place to protect your privacy and personal information.
Since 1972, Farm Credit Administration (“FCA”) regulations have generally restricted the disclosure of most types of Personal Information and other information provided to us while applying for or obtaining a loan (“Personal Borrower Information”). Specifically, employees and the director of a Farm Credit institution may not disclose the Personal Information of their borrowers to others without your consent in certain circumstances. We may disclose your Personal Borrower Information and other Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, third-party service providers, independent auditors, regulators, consultants or attorneys, or to any third-party if otherwise permitted by the FCA regulations applicable to us, such as 12 C.F.R. Part 618, Subpart G, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person, household, or device (”personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
We may collect personally identifiable information (PII). PII is defined by various state and federal laws and regulations. PII includes, but is not limited to:
- Account information
- Account numbers
- Client number
- Credit card numbers
- Loan number
- Personal identification numbers (PINs)
- Phone number
- Social Security numbers or tax identification numbers
- Driver’s licenses or ID Card Number
- Maiden Name
- Date of Birth
- Employer assigned ID Number
- Digitized or other electronic signature
- Biometric Information
How We Collect Personal Information
AgCountry obtains categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase. Periodically we might ask you to update, validate, or otherwise request PII We will only ask you to respond through secured channels, including secured email.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website. AgCountry’s websites include:
- AgCountry Home Page (agcountry.com)
- MyAgCountry (agcountry.com/myagcountry)
- AgCountry Consumer Portal (7468599315.mortgage-application.net)
- From Third Parties. For example from credit reporting agencies, government data bases, credit bureaus, community references, employers, and other financial institutions with whom we buy and sell loans.
AgCountry occasionally utilizes online services provided by third parties and links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. If you have questions about how these other sites use your information, you should contact them directly.
Cookies and Beacons
Our websites collects certain information through the use of "cookies" and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our Website, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve and personalize our Website. Many Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You may be able to instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. We do not respond to "do not track" browser signals at this time. We may also use web beacons, which are transparent graphic images on a webpage or within the body of one of our marketing emails, to allow us to measure visitor actions and assess the effectiveness of our email marketing campaigns. For example, we use web beacons in our email marketing to track instances where a user clicks through a link in the email.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To offer the products and services described on our Websites, including to lend money, sell insurance, provide farm accounting and tax services, provide succession and retirement planning services, and related products and services.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you submit a loan application, we will use that personal information to take an action with respect to the application. We may also save your information to facilitate new or additional request for products or services.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, business partners, to the extent permitted by law
- Service providers.
- Other financial institutions who may purchase all or a portion of loans made by us or otherwise obtain a financial interest in the loans made by us.
- Law Enforcement and legal requests to the extent required by law
- Data brokers or aggregators
- Internet cookie data recipients, like Google Analytics
To others under a duty of confidentiality with your consent
Our Statement Concerning Children
Our website is not directed to children under 16, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16 through our website. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information through our website, we will take steps to delete such information.
AgCountry has certain measures in place to maintain the security, confidentiality and integrity of the information gathered through the Website, and to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of such information. While we take measures to protect your personal information against security breaches and unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective all of the time against all security threats.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Third Party Website Links
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. Please see the California Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which AgCountry Farm Credit Services collects and uses your information described in this Privacy Statement, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: (855) 402-7849
AgCountry Farm Credit Services
Attn: Online Services
1900 44th Street South
PO Box 6020
Fargo, ND 58108