AgCountry Farm Credit Services
Effective Date: May 10, 2022
AgCountry Farm Credit Services believes we are responsible to each other and for our cooperative. A part of this responsibility is ensuring you that AgCountry Farm Credit Services is committed to protecting your privacy and confidentiality. This statement describes AgCountry’ Farm Credit Services, ACA’s and its subsidiaries, AgCountry Farm Credit Services, FLCA and AgCountry Farm Credit Services, PCA (together “AgCountry,” “we” or “our”) collection, processing, transfer and storage of data. It applies solely to all users and others visiting AgCountry Websites, the AgCountry Farm Credit Services mobile application (“App”) or using AgCountry’s goods and services (the foregoing, “you”). If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not access or use our Websites or the App.
Our employees are informed of their responsibility to protect your personal information and are governed by standards of conduct and confidentiality requirements that prohibit unauthorized use or disclosure of your information. Security procedures and internal controls are in place to protect your privacy and personal information.
Since 1972, Farm Credit Administration (“FCA”) regulations have generally restricted the disclosure of most types of personal information and other information provided to us while applying for or obtaining a loan (“Personal Borrower Information”). Specifically, employees and the director of a Farm Credit institution may not disclose your Personal Borrower Information to others without your consent in certain circumstances. We may disclose your Personal Borrower Information and other Personal Information (defined below) to our employees, contractors, agents, affiliates, third-party service providers, independent auditors, regulators, consultants or attorneys, or to any third-party if otherwise permitted by the FCA regulations applicable to us, such as 12 C.F.R. Part 618, Subpart G, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person, household, or device (”Personal Information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
We may collect personally identifiable information (“PII”). PII is defined by various state and federal laws and regulations. PII includes, but is not limited to:
- Account information
- Account numbers
- Client number
- Credit card numbers
- Loan number
- Personal identification numbers (PINs)
- Phone number
- Social Security numbers or tax identification numbers
- Driver’s licenses or ID Card Number
- Maiden Name
- Date of Birth
- Employer assigned ID Number
- Digitized or other electronic signature
- Biometric Information
How We Collect Personal Information
AgCountry obtains categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase. Periodically we might ask you to update, validate, or otherwise request PII. We will only ask you to respond through secured channels, including secured email.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from using one of our Websites, we may collect information such as your IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may provide information on nearby devices, cell towers, and Wi-Fi access points. AgCountry’s Websites include:
- AgCountry Home Page (agcountry.com)
- MyAgCountry (agcountry.com/my-agcountry)
- AgCountry Consumer Portal (7468599315.mortgage-application.net)
- Also indirectly from you through the App whether Google Play Store or Apple App which may provide us with your telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to your device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
- From Third Parties. For example, from credit reporting agencies, government data bases, credit bureaus, community references, employers, and other financial institutions with whom we buy and sell loans.
AgCountry occasionally utilizes online services provided by third parties and links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites. If you have questions about how these other sites use your information, you should contact them directly.
Cookies and Beacons
Our Websites collect certain information through the use of "cookies" and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our Websites, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services, and to improve and personalize our Websites. Many Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You may be able to instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit. Information regarding your online activities over time and across different websites or applications may be collected.
We do not respond to "do not track" browser signals at this time.
We may also use web beacons, which are transparent graphic images on a webpage or within the body of one of our marketing emails, to allow us to measure visitor actions and assess the effectiveness of our email marketing campaigns. For example, we use web beacons in our email marketing to track instances where a user clicks through a link in the email.
Use of Personal Information
We do not sell your Personal Information. We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To offer the products and services described on our Websites, including to lend money, sell insurance, provide farm accounting and tax services, provide succession and retirement planning services, and related products and services.
- To offer the services provided in the App.
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you submit a loan application, we will use that Personal Information to take an action with respect to the application. We may also save your information to facilitate new or additional request for products or services.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop the App, our Websites, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Websites, the App, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Websites, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your Personal Information, to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
Except as provided herein, we will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without Providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We may share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties:
- Subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, business partners, to the extent permitted by law
- Service providers
- Other financial institutions who may purchase all or a portion of loans made by us or otherwise obtain a financial interest in the loans made by us.
- Law Enforcement and legal requests to the extent required by law (such as to comply with relevant anti-discrimination laws or when requested by our regulator FCA)
- Data brokers or aggregators
- Internet cookie data recipients, like Google Analytics
- To others under a duty of confidentiality with your consent
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act; Target Age Group
Our Websites and the App are not directed to, nor do we conduct business with, children under 16, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16 through our Websites or the App. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information through our Websites or the App, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information. For information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov.
The App’s target age group are persons 18 years old and over.
AgCountry has certain measures in place to maintain the security, confidentiality and integrity of the information gathered through the Websites and the App, and to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of such information. While we take measures to protect your Personal Information against security breaches and unauthorized access, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective all of the time against all security threats. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. We also ask that you do not send Personal Information to us through unsecured electronic communication.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend this privacy statement at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the updated notice on the Website, the App, and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Websites or the App following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
We use ads to promote AgCountry’s services or products. AgCountry does not allow third-party banner ads on the App. We have no intention to introduce them, but if we ever do, we will update this Policy.
Neither the App nor any of our Websites contains COVID-19 contact tracing or status functionality.
High Risk Permissions
Our App may ask you to grant permissions including:
|Camera||Allows access to device's camera||Remote check capture|
|Location||Allows access to location||Maps|
|Access to external storage||Allows access to files/media on the device||Secure message attachments|
|Images||Allows access to images||Credit Line Draft; Remote check capture|
While using these permissions are optional, the corresponding purpose may not be achieved if you do not accept the relevant permission. For instance, if you choose not to grant permission for the camera, you will not be able to make a remote check capture.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which AgCountry collects and uses your information described in this Privacy Statement, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: (855) 402-7849
AgCountry Farm Credit Services
Attn: Online Services
1900 44th Street South
PO Box 6020
Fargo, ND 58108