Products & Services - Insurance
Coverage with your whole operation in mind.
Crop Hail Insurance
Crop hail insurance provides compensation for the loss of crops due to one of nature’s most damaging weather conditions: hail. It also provides protection against fire and lightning damage while the crop is in the field or harvester. For some crops, the coverage extends to protect crops in transit to the first place of storage.
With the help of an Insurance Specialist or Loan Officer, you determine the coverage that’s best for your situation up to the total expected cash value of the crop. Insurance proceeds may be used to retire debt that was incurred to finance the crop production. AgCountry crop hail insurance is provided only by financially-sound carriers that are experienced with the crop insurance needs of farmers.
Multi-Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI)
MPCI protects your crop investment and provides funds to reduce operating debt incurred to finance crop production when crop yields do not attain a specific level due to many different perils (including hail, wind and other adverse weather conditions, as well as fire, insects, plant disease, wildlife and earthquakes). Coverage is available at a number of different levels, allowing you to tailor the policy to fit your needs.
Revenue Protection Plan (RP) or Yield Protection Plan (YP)
- Revenue Protection Plan (RP) - provides protection for loss of revenue and/or production. Projected Price and Harvest Price are calculated each year per the CEPP. (ex: wheat, soybeans, corn, sunflowers, barley).
- Revenue Protection with Harvest Price Exclusion (RPHPE) - provides protection for loss of revenue and/or production. It excludes the use of the Harvest Price when determining the revenue guarantee. (ex: wheat, soybeans, corn, sunflowers, barley)
- Yield Protection Plan (YP) - provides protection from loss of production for crops with revenue protection available but NOT selected. Price is established from Projected Price of Revenue Protection. (ex: wheat, soybeans, corn, sunflowers, barley)
Optimum Crop Analyzer Tool
Leverage our exclusive Optimum tool to sift through thousands of scenarios and find the right plan for your acres and budget. With Optimum, you’ll get a customized report that focuses on:
- Highest net indemnity over time
- Best cash flow over time
- Most bushels to forward market
- Lowest paid farmer premium
Ag-focused tools & resources to explore your insurance options. Contact your local AgCountry insurance specialist and ask how Optimum can work for you.
Margin Protection (MP) is area-based coverage that provides additional protection against an unexpected decline in operating margin. An MP policy can be paired with a Revenue Protection or Yield Protection plan or purchased individually. Coverage levels range from 70% to 95% of the expected margin (expected revenue minus expected input costs) with protection factors from 80% to 120%.
Availability of MP:
Corn: Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin
Soybeans: Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin
Wheat: Minnesota, North Dakota
Livestock Risk Protection
A Livestock Risk Protection Insurance Plan (LRP) is designed to insure against an unexpected decline in the market price for Fed Cattle, Feeder Cattle, or Swine. LRP is available in every county through the United States.
Contact an AgCountry insurance specialist to learn how it could protect your farm.
Short Term and Long Term Group Insurance
With a variety of affordable options to choose from, Short Term and Long Term Group Insurance through AgCountry will help protect your family’s income, home and acreage. Coverage includes life and disability insurance, with numerous convenient payment plans (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually), extended financial coverage (including protection for business partners and spouses) and flexible protection plans (policies that fluctuate monthly with your loan balance).
Additional benefits include:
- Discounts for women and non-tobacco users
- Group policies allow for lower premiums
- Policies guaranteed renewable
- Temporary insurance available
- Easy application process
Term Life Insurance
AgCountry offers competitive, low cost term life insurance with premiums guaranteed for 10, 20 or 30 year periods. It is ideal for covering larger life insurance needs such as:
- Income replacement
- Buy/sell agreements
- Real estate loans
- Estate planning needs